Are you looking for some good advice on wood splitters? Then you are at the just right place, through this good advice on wood splitters you would be able to see what to look in the wood splitters. It is necessary to distinguish between two types of saws for wood: manual and mechanical. All cut according to the same system: small sharp metal teeth follow one another in opposite directions. The manuals are perfect for specific uses, in places without electricity and for small budgets. Some jobs can only be done with a manual saw, and sometimes, depending on the space or piece, can only be done with a saw. For its part, the mechanical saws are more expensive but more profitable in terms of performance. Goodbye to physical exercise, hello to comfort!
Cutting firewood by hand is a thing of the past. Cutting the wood quickly and effortlessly for your back is not a simple task if you do not have the proper machinery to do it. Now you can choose a quality cutter to make the cut easily. We guide you to select the most appropriate for your case.
Good advice on wood splitters:
Through this, good advice on wood splitters you may keep the following things in mind prior to buying a splitter.
- The size of the trunks influences the type of machinery you will need to cut the wood.
- To use the log cutter it is essential to equip yourself with the adequate protection to carry out the task safely.
Choose the machinery that facilitates the task of chopping the wood to make it less manual and, therefore, less heavy and more practical. In this way, you can have wood for the fireplace or barbecue at any time without loss of time or forces. Chip cutters are also called wood chippers or wood chippers. Its power makes this task simple, which, in a manual way, would suppose a great effort and an important physical wear. The pushing force of these machines ranges between 4 and 22 tons. In this way, they can quickly and easily start up to 110 cm long. There are two types of models depending on the orientation of the machine. The aspect that mainly determines the choice of a model in horizontal or vertical is the length of cut:
– To work with horizontal cutters it is recommended for logs up to 52 cm and up to 7 tons in weight.
– To work with the vertical cutter, it is recommended for logs up to 106 cm up to 22 tons. In general, it is used for woods of greater hardness and greater length.
- Log pusher: the force of the push determines the working time.
- The handle of transport: the element for greater comfort in the work
- Security system: for the machine to start up, it is essential to press the two switches at the same time. In this way, it is a safety element so that the cutter does not start accidentally.
- Transport wheels: facilitate the transport of the machine to the workplace.
Type of motor:
The cutter motor conditions the power of the machine.
- Electrical: requires a nearby electrical installation -with grounding-, this conditions its use. They tend to be somewhat lighter machines. They are cleaner machines since they do not produce gases and the sound level is lower.
- Gasoline allows a completely independent use, that is, a greater autonomy. This type is the one used when there is no electric current or when it is low power and, therefore, you cannot plug the cutter. They are usually machines with greater power.
If you are not going to use the machine for a long period of time it is advisable that you completely empty the fuel tank.
This good advice on wood splitters tells that you must keep your log cutter in good condition, you must maintain them properly: clean them, monitor the state of use of the blade, and offer protection to ensure its effectiveness. Do not try to cut ends with them. You would regret it! And above all, do not forget that what can cut the wood, can cut the fingers!
- It is essential that the person using the cutter be equipped with the appropriate protection set: glasses, gloves, mask, hearing protection elements to preserve their safety.
- To ensure safety during the use of the cutter, it is recommended that there be clear space around the person cutting.
- The trunks splinter better the drier they are.
- It is very important to perform the cleaning and maintenance disable to guarantee the efficiency in its use and to extend the useful life of the machine. You must clean the machine every time you finish a job, to avoid splinters. In addition, to ensure lasting conservation you must lubricate the moving parts of the machinery.